Free yellow bus transportation services are provided by your child’s School District of Residence based on the address on file with our school that matches your most recent Proof of Residency documentation.
Per district policies
- Eligibility for transportation services may be limited to a specific radius surrounding the location of the school.
- Requests for transportation must be received by July 1 and services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis, capacity permitting.
- Requests for transportation received after July 1st cannot be guaranteed and may not be considered for routing until October, due to the high volume of requests.
Scroll down to read specific information from your District of Residence.
Cleveland Municipal School District (CMSD)
Cleveland Municipal School District (CMSD), transportation eligibility is based on the distance from your child’s home residence to the school.
CMSD Service Parameters
- K-8 Grade students must live 1-3 miles from school to receive yellow bus service.
- 9-12 Grade students must live 1 mile or greater from school to receive CMSD issued RTA passes/cards.
- K-8 Grade students who live less than 1 mile from school are considered as residing within the walk zone and are not eligible to receive CMSD transportation services.
- K-8 Grade students who live over 3 miles but less than 30+ minutes from school are considered as Payment In Lieu of Transportation and are eligible to receive reimbursement from the district for parent responsibility of transportation for the student.
- K-8 Grade students with a home residence calculated by CMSD as 30+ minutes from school are ineligible for any transportation services.
How to Apply for CMSD Yellow Bus:
Office Managers or Family may complete and submit the Yellow Bus Transportation Request Form
The address on the form must match the address on file with the school. Please allow 5-7 days for processing. The Office Manager will provide the outcome of the request to the parent. Additional processing time is required at the beginning of the school year up to 2 weeks
How to Apply for RTA Passes
The Office Manager will complete the application for students that qualify for CMSD issued RTA passes.
Locating a Bus or General Inquiry
Community Bus Services, CMSD’s vendor
For general information from your district of residence regarding transportation, visit the CMSD Transportation Department website.
If your District of Residence is not listed, please send an inquiry to the ACCEL Schools Transportation Department (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include your school location, students name, phone number and current address.